I'm sad that today is our last day of Spring Break Vacation. Boo! We've had such a wonderful, relaxing time here and will miss GG and Grandpa as we head back north tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to wearing coats and long sleeves either. Today was in the 80's and I'm pretty sure I have a little sun on my face :)
There is something just magical about being around family, isn't there? I know that not many people are as lucky as our family and actually get along with all of their family members. I'm so blessed and do NOT take it for granted. I just wish that at least some of them lived a little closer to us. It's hard to only see them a couple times a year. I am thankful that we all will travel and make an effort to visit each other though. I desperately want my children to grow up knowing their grandparents and aunts and uncles. I want them to know their stories and have a great love for them in their hearts. I'm so thankful that though we are hundred's of miles away from most of them Luke and Evelyn can name them when they see their picture and want to pray for them when they go to bed at night. Family is so important and I don't want to just let life slip by in our busy pace and miss out on God's amazing gifts to us- family.
Ok, enough sappiness! I've got packing to start and a nice nap in the sun is calling my name. Now only if there was a hammock...
1 comment:
Beautifully written! So thankful you had a lovely time!
Post a Comment