Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hello little one!



We had another ultrasound today. I hadn't really told many people, but baby had a choroid plexus cyst when we had the last ultrasound done and this could be a marker that something is "wrong" with baby. It turned out that the cyst is gone now and there were and are no other markers to cause concern. Shew! What an answer to many prayers!

It's been 6 weeks since our last u/s and 4 weeks since we found out about the cyst. It's been an emotional roller coaster for sure, but God has really been teaching me things about myself during this time. I'm a worrier. I put everything inside and just think, think, think until it takes over my world. I somehow think that if I can think about every angle then it will somehow make it all better or easier to handle. Well, this time God revealed to me that this isn't how it's supposed to be. There's nothing my worrying would change. There's absolutely nothing that I could do to change anything. God really is in control and though I already love this baby beyond words (or tears), God loves this baby even more. Ok, God. No matter what the outcome is I know that You are there and will be our strength and support through it. No matter the outcome (yeah, I said it twice. It took me saying that many more times to actually get it in my head and heart).

So, today we were blessed by seeing our little one again. He/she is growing so much. I loved seeing baby move around and stick out it's tongue. So amazing! We are so thankful that baby looks healthy, but we know there's never a guarantee. It really is all about trusting God every day for everything. I will never have control. Yes, that's still hard to say and even harder to actually live, but it's so true. This little one is in God's hands and for that I am truly thankful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Katie!! Congrats on your soon to be new little one!!!! Just wanted to tell you that we had the same scare when I was pregnant with our 2nd one. I was so scared but it turned out that nothing was wrong! She was perfect!!! Hope all goes well!! Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one that has had that scare!

The Perreca Family said...

You put it beautifully!! The control-freak in me struggles with the reality that my 2 are really just gifts from God- He has a plan for them and I'm just blessed to be a part of it!! We will continue to pray for you all as you prepare for Sweet #3.