Saturday, April 16, 2011

My big girl

I know I've posted a lot about Evelyn lately, but I just have to share her accomplishments these last 2 weeks. She is now officially potty trained except for nights and naps. She was the easiest child to train- EVER! She just decided that she was ready and started going. We were amazed! The only accident she's had since that first day was when we were out and forgot to ask her if she needed to go. Oops! It's hard to remember everything! Today we found a toddler bed on Craigslist for an amazing deal. We- meaning JD because I don't like calling people I don't know- quickly got in touch with the person and it was ours. Wahoo! I love saving money! We brought it home and then had to decide if we should store it until JD finishes the semester or if we should just move Evelyn into it. Hmm... It really was a tough choice. My conclusion was that E was so excited about it so let's roll with that and just switch her. She said she wanted to sleep in it too. Ok! Here we go! Well, it just so happened that she refused to nap today so she was extremely tired. That turned out to be perfect though as she laid down and went right to sleep. Shew! She loves it and will sleep in it. The perfect bed! (We'll see what tomorrow brings though, huh?) So, in the last 2 weeks my baby went from wearing diapers and sleeping in a crib to wearing big girl underwear and sleeping in a big girl bed. I'm so excited for her and so very proud of her, but at the same time my heart is sad because I know that she's growing so fast. Why can't she just stay my Baby Do Dah forever? And by the way that is my nickname for her. Can anyone guess what Luke's is? And a side note: I'm 31 weeks pregnant. Yes, I only have 9 weeks to go. Eek! That means we get exactly 9 weeks of "baby" freedom before it starts all over. I'm really not sure I'm ready for this again...

1 comment:

The Perreca Family said...

Don't blink- you'll be enrolling her in kindergarten before you know it!!