Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We LOVE snow!



Tonight we hurriedly ate our dinner so that we could go outside and finally go sledding. It was the first time this season that we've had snow, and all of us were so excited. Well, 30 minutes after the first snowsuit was put on we headed out the door to our little hill. It was so much fun! So much in fact that the camera stayed inside the whole time we were flying down the hill. What can I say? I'm the oddball in the family who does not take a lot of pictures. The kids loved it though and really enjoyed going down the hill by themselves. I was so proud (and relieved) that Luke can finally walk up the hill all by himself. YAY! That is a milestone that I am thankful he has reached!

I did end up running in the house to grab the camera right before we headed inside though. Of course I tracked snow through the house, but I think it was worth it!



Evelyn really wanted to go down the slide. It didn't work very well though as you can see.


Luke was busy throwing snowballs so this is the only picture I captured of him that's not blurry. He really wanted to build a snowman, but with it being only 16* outside it's not really snowman weather...yet.



Evelyn tries really hard to walk in the snow, but her legs are just a little too short. She ends up falling down and then she can't get up (which I might add is very funny to watch her try. Am I a horrible mom or what?). Instead of being upset about this or asking for help she just starts eating the snow. That's my girl!

2 comments:

Mrsfroberg said...

How fun! I'm glad you're back to updating your blog. :)

We have a video of Audrey stuck in the snow when she was about Evelyn's age. She is yelling "Help me! I'm stuck....stuck in the snow!" It's hilarious.

The Perreca Family said...

Good things your kids love snow since you get so much of it!! I have been known to leave a kid floundering on their back in a snow drift, all so I could grab the camera.... It makes for great material some day when they start dating =-)