Friday, May 30, 2008

We made it!

Today was the longest day of my life. It started off busy with finishing packing and traveling to the airport. It continued to run at a crazy pace as we had to wait forever to check my bag and go through airport security. I'm serious about the forever part. I just kept watching the clock and trying not to stress. I had to get some food for Luke and I before we boarded the plane because it was lunch time and we were starving. By the time we got to the gate my group (Southwest) had already boarded and most of the people were on the plane. Urgh! Luke and I quickly said our goodbyes to my parents and jumped in line. We ended up in the very last row because that was the only row still available and I just couldn't sit next to someone who was already seated with a baby in my arms. I think that people should be able to choose if they want to sit next to us. Anyway, we got our seat and a very nice couple sat beside us. We took off and everything was fine. Luke was eating lunch and was flirting with the woman next to us. Then the terror started. Luke was finished eating and very tired. He was ready for his nap about an hour before. The problem was 1. he doesn't ever sleep in my arms and 2. his ears were bothering him because they were full. Those two things mean screaming his head off for 30 minutes would soon follow. I tried everything to no avail. My ears are still ringing. He finally fell asleep and everyone on board breath a sigh of relief. We landed, deplaned, got my bag, caught a shuttle, found our car and started our trip home. We live over an hour away from the airport, and we had to stop to get our dog on the way. About 2 hours later we walked in our door and collapsed. Well, maybe I collapsed and Luke rediscovered his toys. What a long day! I don't want to do this day over again ever! Home sweet home isn't the half of it. Now if JD were here our home would be complete again. Sunday can't come fast enough!

4 comments:

cottage girl said...

Sorry for the bad flight, little momma. Poor Lukey! Glad you are safe and sound at home.

Anonymous said...

I am on my way. Just 27 more hours. Love JD

Joshua said...

OH NO!

Julie said...

Exactly why we are not flying to NC to see Matt's parents...at least if we drive, we can make stops along the way!