Sunday, June 05, 2011

Eliza Grace is here- early!


Eliza Grace

6 lbs

19 inches
June 2, 2011



We were very surprised when Eliza decided that she was ready to come out- 15 days early! The whole time I was in labor JD and I both kept saying that we couldn't believe that the baby was coming so early. Our other children were born right around their due date. We had expected the same thing this time as well. Eliza had other plans I guess!



I had a perfect labor and delivery. Now, don't get me wrong. It hurt! But at least it was fast and there were no complications. She came out screaming and didn't stop until I fed her. It is such a wonderful sound to hear from a brand new baby. It automatically makes you calm down and know that she's breathing and ok. We are so thankful!




It took us a while to name her. We had her first name picked out and thought it was a good match for her, but we really didn't have a middle name that we both loved. We went through name after name and none of them sounded right to both of us. A long time ago when I had my 20 week ultrasound there was a possibility that something could be wrong with Eliza. We went back for a follow up ultrasound at 26 weeks and everything was perfect. We were relieved and so thankful that God had answered our prayers in the way He had. Between this and all of the other things that are possible with my genetic history, being a little early and all the other things that could happen we finally decided that Grace was the perfect middle name for our new daughter. We have been given so much grace and now I will always remember that when I hear her name.





I have many more stories to tell (like the first time her brother and sister met her) but those will have to wait. A quick shower while she's sleeping is calling me :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful and I love her name. I can't wait to hear how Luke and Evelyn reacted to seeing their new baby sister.

The Perreca Family said...

Congratulations!! She is just beautiful- and I LOVE her name, especially the story that goes with it! I am totally impressed that you have such a great blog post up already- way to go!!

K&M said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and I adore her name! Very special!

Kristi said...

Congratulations, Katie! I am so happy for you guys! We look forward to "rescheduling" that meal!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect little blessing! Thanks for bringing another big bundle of joy into the family! -- Nana

Angela said...

Congrats! She's adorable and I love the name. Grace is my middle name, too, and it's always a good reminder. :)