Thursday, June 16, 2011

5 things we know about Eliza Grace



1. She LOVES to snuggle. Our other 2 children weren't snugglers as babies. They didn't like to be swaddled. They wanted their space. Eliza on the other hand loves to be held tight, swaddled in a blanket or snuggled in a cocoon.

2. The girl loves to eat! She gained 11 oz in her first week of life and is still going strong. I'm very thankful for this! It's made nursing her easy with no worries :)

3. Going along with her love of eating is her amazing pooping abilities. I won't elaborate on this one. Aren't you glad?


4. She loves her mommy. Now, I'm sure she loves her whole family, but there's just something God created in us to be drawn to our mommy's from the beginning. She smiles at me. She looks for me when she hears my voice. She is comforted when I talk to her or hold her. I know this is going to change as she gets bigger. She's going to go through the "daddy only" stage and all of that. Right now though I'm cherishing these moments. I know they're gone in a blink of the eye!


5. She's a great sleeper. Other than one night of tears Eliza has done so well with sleeping from the very first night. She usually only wakes up at night to eat and then goes back to sleep. She naps throughout the day and usually has an awake time around 8pm. This is perfect because her brother and sister are in bed and we can spend one on one time with her. She loves sleeping in our arms or her swing during the day and she prefers her bassinet at night. (And no I didn't pose her in this pic. She actually sleeps like that a lot. She was like that in the ultrasound picture too. Cute, huh?)

1 comment:

The Perreca Family said...

Awwww- she is just so precious- as are all of your children- what a sweet post to reflect on how wonderful she is!!