Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My resale store find



Today I went to our local resale store called Encore. I love going here because not only do I always find something, but I'm also supporting our local Christian school. They opened this store not too long ago, and it's great! It's clean, there are nice people and it doesn't smell. If you've been to many resale stores you know what I mean. Well, today Luke, Evie and I went there to see if we could find anything for the new house. I love to "recycle" things. Anyway, I looked throughout the whole store and found a couple sweaters (not for the house) and then went to the toy section that is set up so that the kids can actually play in it. I always let Luke play there for a couple minutes if he does a good job in the store. He started looking at the toys, and I casually browsed the toy shelves. I looked up and saw this HUGE bag full of GeoTrax trains and tracks. I pulled it down and got giddy with excitement. Not only was it jam packed full, but the toys were also in great condition. I looked at the price. Only $15. Hmmm... should I get Luke yet another toy??? Heck yeah! This looked awesome, and I knew they were worth more than that. I brought it home and showed JD, and he was excited with my find. After Luke went to bed we set it up to see what we had. Everything is there and works! YAY! We looked it up online and discovered that we have well over $150 worth of GeoTrax. Wahoo! I think we'll save this gift for a special occasion for Luke, but that doesn't mean we can't play with it after he goes to bed, right???

3 comments:

Julie said...

Easter present...heck yeah! :) You should check and see if you have a local Freecycle group too. It's a yahoo group where you trade around stuff you want/don't want. I have basically filled Caleb's play room with Freecycle toys. If you like good bargains, you'll love Freecycle. The only down side: you will start to feel bad about "paying" for toys! :)

Angela said...

What a great find! I am sure he'll love it!!

The Perreca Family said...

What a steal!! I'm glad you guys tried it out first... My kids have a wooden train table from Melissa and Doug, complete with TONS of wooden track and trains- all from a yard sale for $15. I love it!! Just to warn you- once you give it to him, be prepared for it to be out ALLLLLL the time!