Sunday, January 15, 2012

Busy, but with what?




I feel like I always have a million things to do. Anyone else feel like that? I have this invisible list in my head at all times with things I *need* to do, things I *want* to do and things that I really *should* be doing. Some times I write out a list. Sometimes I lay in bed at night and repeat the list a few times in hopes that I'll remember.

Right now though as I'm sitting here thinking that I really need to be doing something so that I can check off a part of my list I realize that most things on said list are just things that I'd like to do. I have 8 crafts in my head that I want to accomplish. I'd really like for all of the laundry to be finished and for the dishes to all be clean. I'd like to be able to walk across our living room floor and not step on something sharp, er, I mean one of the hundreds (yes, hundreds) of Thomas trains that are strewn across the floor. None of these things will ever be accomplished. Yes, I'll create something, but then I'll go on pinterest and find 4 more I want to do. Yes, laundry will find it's way in the washer, but I've realized that I will never have all of the clothes clean at one time. I do have Evelyn as a daughter! If the floor is actually clean it will just be destroyed again when the kids wake up.

Yes, if I really admitted it the lists aren't really that important. Things will get finished- eventually. I really need to just chill out on the lists running through my head. I need to stop thinking of the future things that I need to get done. I need to just enjoy the moment. I need to sit with Luke and play trains...again. Those are the things that really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Off to take my own advise.

No comments: