The Tea Cups. Evelyn was a little nervous when we sat down, but once we started going she loved it. When the ride stopped she quickly signed and said "more". She was a little upset that we had to get off. Luke liked it ok, but was much more cautious and ready to get off.
It's a Small World. Boats- Check. Dolls- Check. What's not to love?
This was one of Luke's favorite rides. He got to drive the car himself and was so excited. Evelyn fell asleep while we were waiting in line so she and I skipped out of this on.
We met a lot of Disney characters, but this was one of our favorite memories. Here's the story. We stuck out a lot in Disneyland Paris. Obviously we didn't speak the same language as almost everyone else, so when Captain Jack heard us talk he asked us where we were from (in English). He was very excited to hear that we were from MI and spent several minutes talking to us and to Luke. He wrote on the page next to his signature St. Clair Shores. Hmmm... Is Capt. Jack from MI? Who knew?!? Luke of course doesn't know who he is, but we'll tell him the story when he's older.
I'll end on this one for today. It was and is such a let down for me. Here's the story. Luke was dressed in his Disneyland shirt. Evelyn was in her Minnie shirt. We saw Mickey Mouse signing autographs with only 4 children in line. AMAZING! We quickly jumped in line and waited for our turn. I had this great vision of the cutest picture in history. Standing next to Mickey. Huge smiles on their faces while actually looking at the camera. It was going to be great! We get to the front of the line and we're next. YAY! Luke then proclaims that he doesn't want to meet Mickey. "Oh, but it's Mickey and it will be really quick. And it will be the cutest picture. I'll go with you, Luke. Don't worry!" It's our turn. Luke then plants his feet and starts bawling. Not just crying mind you, but bawling. Loudly! He refuses to go near Mickey. Fine. Evelyn can have her pic with him. Nope big brother is upset, so clearly she has to be too. My perfect picture is now this ^. How sad is that?
3 comments:
Uncle Tim will understand.-nana
What fun!! I always loved chatting with the foreigners when we would go to Disney in FL... I think that Mickey pic will be perfect blackmail someday!!!
Really fun pictures... especially the pose with Mickey... hehe ... I hate when that happens... so sorry... :(
Love,
Marilyn Fannin
Post a Comment