Monday, December 01, 2008

The baby is here!




Evelyn Jane was born yesterday morning (11/30) at 11:03. She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Labor with her wasn't quite as short as Luke's, but she did arrive here in 8 hrs with no complications at all. She is doing great, and we are now at home resting. Luke is loving having a "Bee Bee" here and so far is a very sweet big brother. Thank you all for your prayers! Here is a picture that I took tonight of Luke holding Evelyn for the first time. He LOVES her and didn't want her to leave his lap. I'll try to post more pictures when time allows.

8 comments:

Julie said...

16 pounds???? Whoa!!!!

Tamara said...

Ha! I was going to say she didn't look like 16 lbs. :)
She is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her!

Our Family said...

That is exactly why I should not blog when I've had no sleep for 2 days. Of course she's not 16 pounds! HA! Now that would be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Garn Family!

Kent, Benjamin and I were talking to each other on Sunday right after the church service before the Sunday school hour asking each other if we had heard any news b/c you weren't at church! :) And there was news! Thank you for sharing!!!

What wonderful news!!!!!!! She is just beautiful!

Love,

Marilyn F.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful, even at 6 lbs! Get some rest and enjoy that wonderful family you have!Can't wait to meet her,
love, Aunt Carol

Mrsfroberg said...

She is gorgeous Katie!! Congratulations!!!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful :) I can't wait to see her in person!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to JD, Katie and Luke. Evelyn is a beautiful baby.

Uncle Lynn & Aunt Karyl